Puthur is a fishing hamlet in Kalkulam Taluk of Kanyakumari District. It is located on the west coast above Kanyakumari and is bounded by Manavalakurichi on the east and Colachel on the west. To the east of Puthur is the St. Lucy’s church, built in 1745 and modified in 1912. The road from Nagercoil to Colachel runs along a lagoon, north of Puthur. The lagoon moving towards Thiruvananthapuram is believed to have been dug during the reign of the Travancore kings.
Nagercoil Junction Railway Station is the nearest railhead. Buses and taxis are available from Nagercoil to Puthur.